Project Management | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for and exceptional Program Manager to join our team in Vancouver. This role will be focused on making sure our work meets the highest level of quality. You will work closely with a talented team and are not afraid to iterate with strategy and constructive criticism. This role will be focused on being the hub of communication for the project, collaborating with cross-functional and distributed teams, including designers, developers and QA engineers. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Reddit, Lululemon, Shell Oil, just to name a few).
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Cozy office in downtown Vancouver with snacks, drinks and a communal spirit.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect of You:
- Package strategic, program/portfolio and analytical insights into clear, concise and “executive-ready” presentations
- Collaborate with other program managers and the PMO to understand objectives and needs through all phases of the program, from initiation to execution through monitor and control
- Ensure alignment of initiatives/projects across our subsidiaries and/or teams
- Take responsibility for aligning and managing key processes (standardize where appropriate) and interactions including Executive and Management meetings, key communications and reporting, and tracking key actions/deliverables. This includes the business, digital and enterprise levels
- Ensure that our recommendations are driven through to implementation, by providing thought leadership and, when necessary, stepping in to lead execution
- Develop and implement process and analytical frameworks to monitor and optimize the impact key functions have delivering on key program results
- Lead efforts on establishing and maintaining key repository of digital processes, Softvision technology & enterprise digital strategies, executive reports and dashboards/key operational metrics
- Establish and lead framework for gathering and analysis for solving complex problems and facilitate decisions
- Partners or helps create a Business Insights and Analytics team to accurate reporting of weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics and effectively communicate the impact to digital and leadership
- This position requires strong organizational skills with a passion for running a well-managed program management operation. Success will be achieved by a candidate who is intellectually curious, data driven/fact based and thrives in influencing matrixed organizations
- Define the strategic direction and approach of business and user needs on client engagements, including product vision, measurable business results, roadmaps and critical success factors.
- Gather feedback that highlights key functionality/processes needed and provide recommendations for potential solutions
- Work closely with Technical Leaders to understand how to develop the business case.
- Work closely with Business Analyst to create business and technical requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and use cases.
- Work closely and collaborate with UI/UX design team to conceptualize requirements, turning high-level requirements into wireframes, prototypes, final designs, and assets.
You should be or have:
- 5+ years of experience within large organization, preferably digital/technology services: Portfolio/Program Management, Strategy, Business Management
- Bachelor's degree
- A self-starter who can work independently to drive results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willingness and ability to work across all levels of organization. Proven experience in developing senior executive presentations and communications
- Strong attention to delivery and follow through
- Ability to create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, external constituencies and decision makers to deliver end-products
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple initiatives at one time
- Pragmatic problem-solver, forward thinker with independence of thought
- Ability and interest to travel within North America (up to 25% expected)
Ideally, you will also be or have:
- Master’s degree or advanced degree from top tier institution strongly preferred
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP OR Lean OR Agile OR Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified OR other scaled agile frameworks
- 3+ years of experience from a top tier management consulting firm
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.