Project Management | Calgary, AB, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Owner to join our team. This role will be focused on making sure our work meets the highest level of quality. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Reddit, Starbucks, Shell Oil, just to name a few).
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect of You
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria (using MS Azure DevOps)
- Provides all requirement details and context needed by dev & QA teams to fulfill user stories for your product
- Reviews test plans and scripts created by QA
- Works closely with SCRUM Master on delivering prioritized features in the expected timelines
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement.
- Identifies dependencies and documents issues using DevOps and other tracking tools
- Turns data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Works with user-focused departments to define the self-service user experience, support, and monitoring for customers.
- Maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of product or project development experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development
- Proven track record of delivering data-driven solutions with a customer-first mindset
- Comfortable working with onshore and offshore development teams
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
- Preferred – Product Management experience
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.