Machine Learning Engineer
AI & Machine Learning Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work on a broad set of domains that power a data driven transformation of our standard business procedures across channels and organizations. You will be responsible for developing and deploying novel algorithms along with optimizing existing machine learning systems to maximize their business value and increase consumer satisfaction at every brand touchpoint.
We are looking for someone who is a technology-agnostic polymath—committed to a lifelong journey of continuous learning and exploration of innovative scientific ideas—and will bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to solve problems at scale.
- Personalized in-session product recommendation engine
- Customer Segmentation
- Automated text summarization and clustering
- Next-Best offer prediction
- Designing Microassortments for Next-Gen stores
- Anomaly detection and Root Cause Analysis
- Unified consumer profile with probabilistic record linkage
- Visual search for similar and complementary products
About the Job:
- Architect, build, maintain, and improve new and existing suite of algorithms and their underlying systems.
- Implement end-to-end solutions for batch and real-time algorithms along with requisite tooling around monitoring, logging, automated testing, performance testing and A/B testing
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to create and deploy new product features
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
- Write efficient and well-organized software to ship products in an iterative, continual-release environment
- Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
- Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences equally well
- Actively contribute to and re-use community best practices
- University or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years experience developing and deploying machine learning systems into production
- Strong experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong experience working with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with at least one cloud provider solution (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Ability to work in a Linux environment
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches
- Experience working with distributed systems, service oriented architectures and designing APIs
- Strong knowledge of data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Expertise in standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, code reviews, design documentation
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.