Lead UX Designer
Magenic Studios | Minneapolis, MN | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Lead UX Designer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Requirements of this position are:
- Meet and collaborate with internal and external clients to identify business and user requirements and communicate results to the interdisciplinary project teams.
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas, business needs and user goals into interaction and design solutions.
- Access data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics, etc), synthesize the inputs, and develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, classification schemes, navigation systems, design patterns, etc.
- Apply knowledge of usability, human factors, and the UX process to complete user experience of the product.
- Create and effectively present UX deliverables (wireframes, workflows, prototypes, visual mockups etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on design & development integration in agile or iterative environments
- Develop competitive assessments and perform site heuristic reviews.
- Help define UX performance metrics and perform post-development usability testing to validate business needs and user goals.
- Create, maintain and share project documentation and UX guidelines after project execution.
Ideally you will also have:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of UX-related design experience. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred in interaction, information or interface design; human-computer interaction; design planning; graphic design; communications or design-related equivalent. Candidates will have a strong balance of design skills and technical expertise, an outstanding portfolio, and experience in:
- Lean, Agile or Iterative UXD environments
- Designing mobile specific solutions with various platforms (iOS, Android, mobile web)
- Responsive Web design solutions
- Adobe Suite of design tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Nice to Have
- Designing line of business (LOB) solutions in the finance, professional services or health services industries
- Working within the Microsoft Tech Stack
- SharePoint branding & customization (Masterpages, templates, CSS)
- Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.