Lead Technical Business Analyst
Business Operations | Nashville, TN | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional and passionate Lead Technical Business Analyst to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. The purpose of the role, and the combined contributions of the roles of this team, is to serve the aggregate technology needs of the platform and its products including building relationships with assigned practice areas and the various product sponsors within them, technical tax professionals, internal technology professionals, external clients and third-party software vendors.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for partnering with Product management, Product Owners, Platform Architects and other business analysts in the definition and delivery of long-term business and technology strategies for the platform through the application of domain knowledge and enterprise analysis; fostering reuse and continuity throughout
- Plan and manage the BA approach; communicating, driving and managing the business analysis effort for the Portfolio throughout all phases of the platform project lifecycle
- Lead business analysis for assigned project/portfolio ensuring communication and collaboration is maintained with other project/portfolio teams
- Actively review requirements traceability for impact and coverage analysis throughout the platform
- Work with the analytics team to ensure consistent application of the business analysis standards and advise on exceptions
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working effectively and building relationships with and between teams, external vendors and internal clients at varying executive levels
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change based on client needs
- Tax or Finance domain knowledge, as well as MDM experience
- Experience leading junior BAs to provide analysis and requirements, ensure consistency, accuracy and quality of BA deliverables on larger initiatives
- Expert on industry-standard, structured business analysis techniques (i.e., user stories, use cases, UML/logical modeling, BABOK, etc.) appropriately modifying according to the decided software development methodology (i.e., Agile, Iterative, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, etc.) in use.
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM and/or SAFe and experience with these would-be a plus.
- Experience using, training and driving others to use requirements management, modeling, and change control software(s)
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-9 years of relevant experience
- Management experience a plus
- CBAP or CBATL certification preferred.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.