Lead Python Developer
Design and UX Guild | Las Vegas, NV | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Python Developer to join our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. This role will work with an outstanding development team in an exciting and challenging role focused on the world of Big Data. You will be working on data collection and ingestion, data processing with tools like MapReduce, Spark, and Redshift, data visualization with powerful charting, and exposing data to 3rd parties and customers via high performance APIs.
- 5+ years of experience in building web applications and APIs in Python, Ruby, Java, or similar
- 1+ years of experience with Python/Django (currently working in Django a plus)
- Excellent programming skills with solid understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies and practices
- Experience writing RESTful APIs and middle tier code
- Working experience in relational database technologies, knowledge of MySQL a plus
- Proficient writing SQL
- Will need to be involved in all aspects of planning, designing, developing and delivering software
- Passion for design, user experience and actioning user and designer feedback
- Strong English and overall communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to master new applications and technologies quickly
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Relocation assistance is available within the U.S. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates please.