Lead Business Game Designer
Design and UX Guild | Calgary, AB, Canada | Full Time
DESIGNING EXPERIENCES. ENGINEERING OUTCOMES
Cognizant Softvision is a leading product engineering company, creating impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that connect brands with customers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands. Cognizant Softvision has over 3,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of global studios in nine countries and five continents. Learn how Cognizant Softvision designs experiences and engineers outcomes that result in memorable interactions at www.cognizantsoftvision.com or follow us @WeAreSoftvision.
Who you are:
- You breathe games and see gaming opportunities everywhere. You’re a hands-on master in the art of creating fun as well as surprising and challenging player’s skills.
- You are familiar with multiple game genres on multiple device form factors.
- You have 6+ years in a professional Game Design role (experience on large scale AAA game team, as having shipped games in a Game Designer position are added bonus)
- You have experience leading a team, setting objectives, and delivering on them.
- You have full development cycle experience, from first ideation to ship.
What you can do:
- You can hold the vision for mechanics and metagame tuning, from concept to release, including collection and integration of user experience testing feedback.
- You understand how actions, core mechanics, arcs, paths, plots, loops, rules, progressions, aesthetics, technology and the meta add up together and drive players to a state of flow within the game.
- You can design rules and parameters for features, game systems, economies, and progression lines to create incredible gameplay loops.
- You are proficient with Excel, have experience with virtual whiteboards like Miro or Mural, with Wikis like Confluence and in Wireframing like Figma or Adobe XD.
- You have excellent written, verbal skills in English as well as great visual communication abilities.
What you’ll be expected to do:
- As a member of the Product team, you will own the in-game economy and lead the feature design of a serious game with an experienced cross-discipline team to devise the strategy for the game’s economy.
- Analyze the many facets of the current game economy and player engagement data at a macro and micro level, identify issues and opportunities, potential features to test and ways to optimize and make recommendations to the production team
- Be the point of contact and subject matter expert on game economy. Be responsible for iterating and implementing game design, from low level game mechanics to core features and in game feedback loops.
- Model, simulate, and tune a complex game economy to create a fun player experience, that drives increased player engagement and furthers the strategic vision of the product.
- Collaborate with an awesome, multi-location and multi-disciplinary team communicating design functionality, providing input on the game’s vision and helping champion that vision to other team members and to implement features, systems and content on schedule and to a high standard of quality.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We design and engineer the products and solutions of many brands that you know and love. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun while doing it. Let’s take this journey together!
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.