IT Project Manager
Project Management | New York, NY | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional IT Project Manager to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Project charter and obtaining funding including initial estimates.
- IT planning and delivery to meet regulatory business or regulatory objectives.
- Provide input into annual budget building process.
- Develop and manage overall IT delivery plan, major milestones, financials (budget/actuals, explain variances), risk and issues.
- Co-ordinate with the business, as well as various IT groups to ensure analysis, design and implementation of IT solutions meets requirements of business objectives and/or regulatory mandates.
- Work closely with management leads to ensure delivery is aligned with RCM IT management commitments.
- Maintain backlog of requirements, establish and operate governance around prioritization of requests.
- Ensure PM processes include project plan, management/escalation of issues & risks, status reports, resource plans.
- Ensure Program/Project operates in compliance with CS internal compliance requirements for program/project accounting (OnePPM), and Software Delivery Lifecycle Framework (CS-SDF)
- Ensure resources assigned to project book time appropriately
- Monitor, track and resolve issues and risks; take corrective action and escalate as necessary
- Produce and present program/project level IT status to management leads and program/project governance bodies
7+ years in Investment Banking/Brokerage/Financial Industry managing IT programs/projects of comparable size and complexity:
- Excellent Program/Project Management skills
- Excellent Communications skills
- Excellent People Leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Repos, Collateral, Margin
- Working knowledge of Collateral practices
- Understanding of technology architecture, tools and lifecycles,
- Experience with lifecycle methodologies including Agile, iterative, waterfall
- Experience with managing technology aspects of data migration projects
- Experience with managing Front office To Back office (“FTB”) projects
- Candidate must be comfortable operating in high profile/high visibility role in a challenging environment with evolving requirements, tight deadlines, and high degree of scrutiny.
- Independent Project Management certification (e.g. PMI) a plus
Preferential Attributes specific to this role
The ideal candidate has prior experience as a software developer and is effective in:
- Understanding solutions and architectures in detail
- Understanding system components and inter-dependencies
- Interacting and challenging development and QA teams at a fairly detailed level
- Understanding management challenges of IT Platform including Total Cost of Ownership, End of Life, Tech Assets Inventory, Infrastructure dependencies, etc.
Experience with Data Analysis constitutes is a plus.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Pack and move relocation available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.