Entry Level QA Automation Tester (Java)
Magenic Studios | Minneapolis, MN | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Associate Tester – QAT to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
An Associate Tester – QAT is responsible for performing basic testing activities for clients. This includes tasks such as requirements review, test case development (automated and manual), test case execution (automated and manual), defect reporting, and daily status reporting. In addition, Associate Testers work closely with the QAT Lead assigned to their client to ensure testing standards and guidelines are followed on their work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow testing responsibilities as per the project needs and the test plan
- Creation of test cases (Positive and Negative)
- Ability to breakdown requirements
- Help maintain traceability as per the leads directions
- Develop Automated (with training) and Manual tests
- Execute tests (Manual and Automated)
- Daily reports to the test lead
- Log defects as per Softvision Standards (training is provided to help understand our MARQ standards)
Qualifications - Technical Skills
- Ability to Code or have Entry level database concepts
- Knowledge of Java (or C#)
- Experience with Testing and/or Automation tools a plus
Ideally you will also have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, etc
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
- Must currently reside in the continental USA and be authorized to work for any employer
- Must be in the Minneapolis area or willing to move once pandemic restrictions are eased
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.