DevOps Tech Lead
Cloud & DevOps Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Tech Lead to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Masters or Bachelor's level in IT, or Computer Science with relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a role as a senior, hands-on Software Developer in an environment where you were responsible for selecting, implementing, living and optimizing DevOps tools and practices - development and operations
- Experience administering a Linux-based environment (RHEL, CentOS, CoreOS), Docker, container orchestration tools is a plus (e.g., preferably Kubernetes / EKS / OpenShift) and/or MS Azure DevOps.
- Experience working in a public cloud environment —AWS or Azure, or private cloud (e.g., OpenStack)
- Automation experience: Bash/Perl, Terraform/CloudFormation/Ansible, CI/CD with Jenkins, Maven, Github
- Can code in Java, Python (8 & 11) with knowledge of: Spring Boot, Jboss, JMS or, .NET visual Studio.
- Agile mindset and you like to tackle complex problems and take initiative and responsibility.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to initiate conversation
- An intrinsic desire to help others succeed
- A passion for Software Development best practices and DevOps in particular
- Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as: New Relic, Splunk, AppDynamics, ExtraHop
- Certifications and/or continuing education in Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, OpenShift, automated testing, infrastructure as code and other related DevOPs technologies and methodologies. There are, as you know, hundreds of tools that are available from the global DevOps catalogue and the more you know the better.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.