Cloud & DevOps Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Database Engineer to join our team in Vancouver. This role will be focused on making sure our work meets the highest level of quality. You will work closely with a talented team and are not afraid to iterate with strategy and constructive criticism. You are design-aware, follow latest trends and advice from Google I/O and often improve upon solutions posted on StackOverflow. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Reddit, Lululemon, Starbucks, just to name a few).
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Cozy office in downtown Vancouver with snacks, drinks and a communal spirit.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect of You
- Manage primary and replica databases across multiple data centers and in AWS cloud
- Day-to-day DBA tasks: installation, removing nods, upgrade, adding users, pass mgmt., backup and recovery
- Cooperate with application architects and Couchbase consultants on architecture of Couchbase DB cluster
- Define architecture of Couchbase DB cluster to handle forecasted volume of data and transaction throughput
- Install Couchbase db cluster in expected configuration ‘from scratch’
- Define and execute upgrade strategy of Couchbase cluster from version X to Y (decide between pros and cons of in-place vs out-of-place upgrade, etc.)
- Troubleshoot Couchbase DB cluster production issues
- Analyze and troubleshoot Couchbase DB throughput and performance issues in production and test environments
- Document policies, procedures, and technical standards related to disaster recovery planning and execution
- Work with engineering and operations teams to define multi-data center replication strategy
- Essential Database Administration - install, configure, upgrade, back up, and monitor databases
- Serve as point-of-contact for any defined database questions regarding performance, security, or ongoing maintenance
- Automate and script DBA tasks
- Work with application developers and systems engineers to troubleshoot and optimize queries, and performance bottlenecks for current and future implementations
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.