Build and Release Engineer
Quality Engineering Guild | New York, NY | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Build and Release Engineer to design and build release pipelines for a cloud based environment. This is an opportunity to establish best practices, define tools and processes, and contribute to the reliability and scalability of software delivery for an Enterprise scale development team. The environment is highly complex, regulated and extremely dynamic as new projects, existing maintenance, and integrations are a constant.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to develop, implement and support automated CI/CD pipelines and related dashboards, improving on build, deployment, and test pipelines
- Establish processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code, AWS Services, with particular emphasis on those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions (such as Teraform, GitLab, CloudWatch, EC2, IAM, S3, RDS and VPC). Own and proactively advance the Release Management process and strategy for an enterprise team
- Help to design and enforce code quality standards.
- A passion for quality assurance, Continuous Integration testing methodologies, and change control.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on testing and 3+ years of experience as a manager.
- Exceptional understanding of the integration between automated software test and the build process.
- Experience in managing resources and area ownership within a distributed and adaptable model. Have a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive.
- Ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results.
- Comfortable working both individually and on a team.
- Previous experience with AWS Services.
- Experience in building system automation tools.
- Experience evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets.
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration and delivery.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
“At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Pack and move relocation available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates please.”