Big Data Lead/Architect (Relocate to Raleigh, NC)
Big Data & Analytics Guild | New York, NY | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an energetic Big Data Lead/Architect who has a passion for data and analytics. The Big Data Lead/Architect would lead a team of high caliber data engineers to develop and build the next generation big data platform for advanced analytics using variety of technologies. The person in this role will definite and shape the competency in terms of frameworks, best practices and techniques.
Core to this need are expertise in:
- 5+ years in Big Data (Cloudera preferred) with deep understanding of Hadoop ecosystem including Kafka, HDFS, Kudu, Hbase, DeltaLake etc.
- 2+ years of PySpark experience
- 4+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Unix
- Knowledge of Supervised and Unsupervised algorithms
- Experience working on ML based projects
- Excellent Communication, Documentation and project management skills
Ideally you will also have:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar field.
- Prior experience in Java development or Data warehousing
- Experience architecting and developing big data solutions for multiple projects including Machine Learning.
- Strong concepts of Machine Learning
- Developing applications on premise as well in cloud (Azure preferred)
- Experience developing numerous workflows for structured and unstructured data sets
- Executed multiple full life cycle development processes and own the design and development from data ingestion to data transformation to insights.
- Experience implementing machine learning models using Spark ML
- Strong data analysis skills using Python, Pandas, Koalas.
- Experience in DevOps (an emerging focus area for the group)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Relocation assistance is available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates please.