Big Data Engineer
Big Data & Analytics Guild | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Big Data Engineer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
Core to this need are expertise in:
- 5+ years in Big Data (Cloudera preferred) with deep understanding of Hadoop ecosystem including Kafka, HDFS, Kudu, Hbase, DeltaLake etc.
- 2+ years of PySpark experience
- 4+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience with Unix
- Deep experience in building spark pipelines using Python, Scala or Java.
- Experience working on ML based projects
Ideally you will also have:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar field.
- Developing applications on premise as well in cloud (Azure preferred)
- Experience with integration technologies like Web Services, Kafka
- Executed multiple full life cycle development processes and own the design and development from data ingestion to data transformation to insights.
- Experience implementing machine learning models using Spark ML
- Strong data analysis skills using Python, Pandas, Koalas.
- Experience in DevOps (an emerging focus area for the group)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Relocation assistance is available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates please.