Backend PHP Developer
Web Application | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for a seasoned Backend PHP Developer to join our team in Vancouver.
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Nestlé, Lululemon, Shell Oil, just to name a few).
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Cozy office in downtown Vancouver with snacks, drinks and a communal spirit.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect Of You
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation.
Set technical direction for the design and implementation of the overall front-end and back-end application architecture.
Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices.
Ensure quality by performing thorough testing, contributing to the team's test suite, and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams.
Share knowledge with employees through code review and documentation.
Ensure a high standard of application performance by developing SLIs and SLOs for core services.
Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Experience in a professional software development role, preferably building and maintaining distributed applications.
Experience in at least one modern front-end framework and can speak to benefits (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
Experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and team discussions.
Troubleshooting and debugging large applications.
You enjoy automating repetitive processes to increase team efficiency and reduce overall toil.
Collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team's roadmap.
Thoughtful communicator--our team is distributed, so effective written communication is key
Experience with or interest in the following areas are pluses:
- Experience in the React ecosystem
- Analysis and using data to inform decision-making
- Experience with front-end testing patterns
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.