Back-end Developer (NodeJS)
Client Development / Client Delivery | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Back-end Developer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts.
● Develop and implement low-latency, highly performant server-side components by writing efficient, reusable, and maintainable code
● Collaborate with team members to contribute to improvements in process and infrastructure
● Leverage available tools/systems to proactively identify and resolve defects
● Implement effective security protocols and data protection measures
● Work with frontend developers on the integration of application elements
● Must have at least 3 years of experience working as a Back-end developer
● Expert level Node.js experience with components, classes and associated technologies
● Good knowledge of popular node libraries/components in open source community
● Brainstorm, concept, and collaborate with architects, front-end, and product team to come up with practical application solutions.
● Following and implementing the latest coding trends, tricks/hacks and best practices along with conveying the message to the other team members
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
● Familiarity integrating with external APIs and SDKs
● Strong skills writing testable and maintainable code
● Strong foundation with unit testing
● Good understanding of asynchronous programming
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
● Experience with Couchbase and Redis data storage solutions, or other DB solutions
Ideally you will also have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.