AWS DevOps Engineer (Relocate to Vancouver)
Cloud & DevOps Guild | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to join our team in Vancouver. This role will be focused on making sure our work meets the highest level of quality. You will work closely with a talented team and are not afraid to iterate with strategy and are open to constructive criticism. You are design-aware, follow latest trends and are energized by helping create experiences to be used by the millions. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Reddit, Lululemon, Shell Oil, Starbucks, just to name a few).
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Cozy office in downtown Vancouver with snacks, drinks and a communal spirit.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect of You
- Provide solutions to implement continuous integration & continuous deployment solutions for large sized project.
- Guide the team to tackle, build & deploy automation solutions.
- Design/Implement release orchestration solutions for these large sized projects.
- Perform pre-assessments to help the customer begin the DevOps journey.
- Help in application onboarding to the defined target operating model to achieve build & release automation.
- Participate/Lead DevOps transformation for an enterprise customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 3 years AWS components (VPC, EKS, EC2, S3, Lambda, IAM)
- 5 years’ experience with Linux, especially Amazon Linux / Amazon Linux 2
- Production experience with Terraform and Ansible
- Production Kubernetes/EKS/AKS experience
- Production experience with security standards
- Strong scripting skills (JS or golang a plus)
- Ability and interest to travel to client offices in US and Canada (approximately 15-25%)
Ideally you will also have:
- Strong understanding of Git and Github
- Strong knowledge of Docker/containers and container build practices
- Understanding of Couchbase & SyncGateway
- Industry standard logging/monitoring/alerting practices
- Build, deploy, and packaging systems (i.e. CodeBuild, CodePipeline, Jenkins, CirclCI etc.)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.