API Architect - Remote
Web Application | Des Moines, IA | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional API Architect - Remote to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Understand the project’s objectives, goals, and scope
- Ensure adherence to strategic technology vision
- Identify opportunities for reuse and/or process improvement within the project solution
- Microservices architecture for data services and data integration between internal and external systems providing real-time, near real-time, and batch functionality
- Expertise in designing API on AWS environment
- Experience delivering APIs for external partners and integrating with external vendors
- Understanding of DevOps processes
- Responsible for conducting POC’s to evaluate new technologies as and when required.
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Understand current API architecture and recommend improvements
- Aid in evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving project issues
- Coordinate with other IT architects to safeguard the design integrity of the system and ensures that application designs adhere to architectural and product standards
- Resolves architectural conflicts across the project to ensure consistency and in alignment with the project and corporate standards
- Ensure appropriate architectural reviews are conducted and represent the project at reviews
- Determine the appropriate level of performance testing to be conducted
- Escalate issues, risks, and changes to Project Manager as they arise
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to project team
- Leading the development and use of enterprise-wide models to provide key views of the enterprise, with perspectives relevant to the business and technology audiences they are designed to serve
- Participating in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio, and technical architecture.
- Seeking ways to apply new technology to, and reusing existing technology for, business processes; research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned business partners.
- Review on-going and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse, process improvement
- Serve as a resource to all teams in evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving project issues.
- Serve as technical lead for pilot projects in areas of strategic significance in which IT does not yet have established skills and methodologies.
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience of working as an API Architect.
- Experience of design API on AWS environment
- REST API specification tools to document i.e. Swagger.
- Code repository tools such as TFS, GIT, etc.
- IDE tools Visual Source Code or another relevant industry standard IDEs.
- MEAN (Mongo, Express, Angular and Node) technology is a huge plus
- Good communication skills
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Pack and move relocation available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.