Android Tech Lead
Mobile Guild | Chicago, IL | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Android Tech Lead to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Excellent communication skills.
- 7+ years of experience in software design and development with at least 3 in mobile
BS or MS in computer science
- Solid technical expertise: Android, Android SDK, JAVA, RxJava, Retrofit, Kotlin (not a must), Version Control (GIT), Unit Testing (JUnit)
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Have really good knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and trending libraries available for common tasks and new architectures (eg. Grox, Dagger, Architecture Components a plus)
- Strong experience in technical leading of development teams
- Responsible for specifying, planning, reporting, designing and coding for his / her assigned tasks
- Able and willing to coach more junior colleagues
- Experience in coordinating large teams (5-10 developers)
- Able to understand in detail a project and the business behind an application, being able to take responsibility for a component or multiple components
- Able to identify risks and issues within the project and provide quality functional solutions
- Able to plan ahead for his own tasks and others (sprint planning, sometimes several sprints ahead)
- Able to implement, maintain and improve project standards and procedures, the processes are constantly changing to be able to improve development lifecycle
- Communicates efficiently with the customer (handles day by day communication, assesses risks, escalates issues)
- Develop mobile experiences used by millions of users and many of your friends every day
- Work closely with designers, product management, and other teams to create unique mobile apps and the tallest cat pyramids
- Rapidly add new functionality, solve complex problems, and ship quality applications
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.