Account Based Marketing Technical Writer
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional ABM Technical Writer to play an integral part on our marketing team as our leading technical writer. This role is our specialist for communicating often-complex digital business concepts to audiences of all types. Typically, these will be senior business leaders who are officially 'non-technical' but expect to be educated and informed on new trends and business process in a technical way. The role will be responsible for clearly understanding & helping to define the technical needs of an account and architecting a content plan that addresses those needs in the best way possible. This will include identifying assets that will be effective, defining new content titles that should be produced, working with technical leadership within the company to gather source material/ideas/concepts/trends/tactics that will support content, and drafting content outlines that effectively cover concept. You will be able to 'speak-technical' but for typically non-technical readers -- taking complex concepts and turning them into clear and marketing-ready content assets.
- Spear-point for technical content drafting in relation to specific client needs.
- Interact with technical leadership (in various fields) to centralize viewpoint knowledge and capture key themes for content-use.
- Initial drafting for account-specific content (which will largely be tied to forward-looking vision for digital business across various technical fields) w/ content team managing completion.
- Work alongside solution architects, engineers, product owners/managers to document trends
- Work alongside vertical leadership to understand industry viewpoints and turn this into content themes
- Establish guidelines for ongoing organization, review, maintenance and update of wikis, documents, strategies and best practices
- Ability to work collectively with various stakeholders on identifying key ABM content collateral based on targeted personas (not just writing on general microservices but microservices for the CIO)
- must understand generalized engineering & technology trends and speak to them in clear, professional writing
- general technical writing experience about technology trends, technology concepts/themes, etc.
- comfortable with (or understands how to become comfortable with) topics like DevOps, Microservices, Agile Development, React, PWAs, Cloud Infrastructure, etc.
- Knowledge in software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Can explain complex technical concepts and designs in clear and concise manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Ideally you will also have:
- 5+ years experience writing in technical space
- 5+ examples of technology-related content that you can share with us
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new technical trends
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.