Senior Platform Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Senior Platform Engineer
Build a social platform for the biggest ecommerce and media companies on the web
Do you want to help build the future of social commerce? Want to work with an amazing team and constantly learn and grow?
Sociable Labs is a well-funded startup providing a social engagement platform for some of the biggest ecommerce and media companies on the web. A two-time winner of Facebook’s developer fund, and backed by top VC firms, we are recognized experts in both the social and technological aspects of the Facebook platform. At Sociable we handle billions of page views and millions of users and transactions every day, and we're only getting started. We’re still small enough for you to get in on the ground floor and make a big impact during our high-growth phase.
Here are some of the exciting things you will be doing in this role:
- Design and develop highly scalable platforms and APIs.
- Implement algorithms and data access patterns for high performance and speed.
- Develop solutions for large data set problems on NoSQL and caching systems.
- Build out analytics and data mining systems using Hadoop and Open Graph APIs.
- Implement event-driven APIs using messaging and queuing systems.
- You have worked on highly scalable systems, measured in thousands of requests per second.
- Solid experience in Java. You understand the differences between a HashSet and a ConcurrentHashMultiSet and when to use them. You have debugged and profiled Java code and can figure out how to diagnose a deadlock.
- You understand OOP. You know what mocks and IOC are, when to use and when to not.
- Solid grasp of relational databases and at least an interest in MapReduce and NoSQL.
- You know how to ship code and enjoy working in an environment delivering features at a fast pace.
- Be passionate about AGILE. You understand the importance of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Ideally, you've worked with Amazon AWS, EC2 and elastic environments.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines and meet aggressive schedules.
- 5+ years software and systems engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
Since we're always learning new things, passion for learning, communication skills, and intellectual horsepower are more important to us than what you know.
Our office is located in San Francisco.
Note: We will only consider candidates living in the US. We do NOT accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies that are not already on our preferred vendor list.