Product/UX Design Lead
Product | San Francisco, CA
Sociable Labs is a well-funded, SaaS startup that makes online sharing with your Facebook friends useful. We help people benefit from their friends’ past experiences on a website, helping to connect people with trusted opinions from their social graph. Our customers are large websites looking to harness the power of the social graph to create compelling social experiences onsite. We’re still small enough for you to get in on the ground floor and make a big impact during our high-growth phase. A two-time winner of Facebook’s developer fund, and VC-backed by Battery Ventures, we are recognized experts in both the social and technological aspects of the Facebook platform. Sociable Labs recently launched publicly, check us out in the press: Forbes, Fast Company, Inside Facebook and more! Learn more about our recent product announcement, or read about our founding story!
We are looking for a Product/UX Design Lead who is obsessed with designing useful and delightful interactions between friends.
- Define the user interface and the social interaction model for new products
- Develop storyboards and mockups to guide visual design and product development
- Partner with the development team to drive the successful implementation of designs and to resolve implementation issues
- Test and refine new and existing products to continually improve user experience and resulting business metrics
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Passion for social media
- Deep knowledge of the Facebook Platform. Terms like Open Graph, Social Plugins, and Facebook Connect should be well understood.
- Experience designing user interactions that involve social channels (e.g. Facebook newsfeed)
- Understanding of best practices in online interaction design and social interaction design
- Experience with a range of low, medium, and high-fidelity prototyping tools
- A solid understanding of both quantitative and qualitative user research methods
- Degree in a design discipline, HCI, Human Factors, Computer Science, or post-secondary education in related field
- A portfolio demonstrating superior design skills and deliverables from a user-centered design process
- Preferred: 5+ years of social product design experience
- Preferred: Previous experience as a Product Manager (or in Product Management), UX Designer (or in User Experience), Interaction Designer, User Interface (UI) Designer, or Information Architect