Product Marketing Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
Sociable Labs is a well-funded, SaaS startup that makes online sharing with your Facebook friends useful. We help people benefit from their friends’ past experiences on a website, helping to connect people with trusted opinions from their social graph. Our customers are large websites looking to harness the power of the social graph to create compelling social experiences onsite. We’re still small enough for you to get in on the ground floor and make a big impact during our high-growth phase. A two-time winner of Facebook’s developer fund, and VC-backed by Battery Ventures, we are recognized experts in both the social and technological aspects of the Facebook platform. Sociable Labs recently launched publicly, check us out in the press: Forbes, Fast Company, Inside Facebook and more! Learn more about our recent product announcement, or read about our founding story!
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) who will wear many hats in a demanding start-up environment. The role is both highly strategic, helping to establish Sociable Labs as the thought leader in an emerging market, as well hands-on, tactical, creating all of our sales collateral and content. There will be room to grow the team over time, but you should be comfortable in an individual contributor role first.
· Create compelling sales collateral (product data sheets, whitepapers, presentations, ROI calculator, etc.) for the sales team. You will need to write all copy and work with a visual designer to drive the final documents.
· Own and update all content on the Sociable Labs corporate website. Provide potential customers with information about our service and help build our credibility as a world-class software vendor. Develop all materials on the website with help from the web design team.
· Establish Sociable Labs as the thought leader in the emerging field of Social Design. Create mindshare and brand preference by authoring thought provoking articles for industry publications.
· Create mini-research projects to understand how consumers engage with social technology and author case studies demonstrating the results.
· Collaborate closely with both sales and product management to be a key contributor in driving product positioning and product roadmap
WHAT YOU BRING:
· Deep knowledge or experience with the Facebook Platform ecosystem. Terms like Open Graph, Social Plugins, and Facebook Connect should be well understood. Social media should be a passion for you.
· Broad understanding of online marketing from a strategic perspective. You should know all of the following terms: SEM, SEO, CPM, CPA, onsite conversation, user engagement, page views per user, unique visitors, etc.
· Exceptional writing skills – comfortable authoring whitepapers and case studies independently
· Demonstrated ability to distill complex ideas into simple messages. You should be an expert in creating Powerpoint presentations and presenting ideas.
· Articulate and comfortable with public speaking, possessing a high energy, positive attitude
· High degree of intellectual curiosity
· Preferred: 2+ years of software product marketing experience with enterprise software/SAAS companies
· Bonus: Understanding of Sociable Labs’ target buyer: the VP of Digital Marketing or VP Product Management for online company