Director of Product Design
Product | San Francisco, CA
Title: Director of Product Design
Sociable is a VC-backed start-up offering a unique opportunity to join a small, high caliber team at the ground floor! We are solving an interesting problem in a huge market - namely how to leverage social media to drive product sales online. Our service helps consumers find compelling products based on information shared by friends. Imagine a day when you could do a Google search on “hotels in Miami” and get back a list of the places where your friends have stayed in the last five years. That’s the problem we are solving! We’re backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors and advisors, including Founders Fund, the original seed investors in Facebook, and even received an investment from Facebook itself!
We are looking for a stellar Product Designer to be the third member of our leadership team (along with our CEO and CTO). You are someone who enjoys and has tons of experience creating wireframes, user flows, and writing consumer-oriented copy and calls to action. In addition, you should be strategic enough to identify new product and market opportunities, and help define a product roadmap. The ideal candidate will have held design titles (User Experience, Information Architecture, User Research, Usability Engineer, Interaction Designer, etc.) AND product management titles (Product Manager, Product Strategy, Product Marketing, etc.) As a result, you are equally comfortable working with Omnigraffle/Visio/Illutrator as you are with Powerpoint/Excel/Word.
• Conduct user research and create personas/wire frames/user flows/prototypes
• Use agile methodology to define stories for engineering team (no massive PRDs!)
• Design and interpret results from A/B tests to test product assumptions
• Define product roadmap
About you – must have
• You love creating compelling CONSUMER user experiences and have an amazing intuition for consumer psychology
• You have 3+ years experience working on a CONSUMER Internet service/application that required constant iteration to improve results
• You are adept at creating mock-ups using OmniGraffle (or similar tool)
• You are an avid personal user of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace)
• You have experience and comfort using a quantitative, metrics-driven approach to improve product design
About you – bonus points
• Prior start-up experience in product management
• Previous experience with e-commerce or online retail environments
• Previous experience in affiliate marketing or online advertising
• Previous experience with software-as-a-service (SAAS) products
• Advocate of agile development and fast iteration
How to apply
Please apply via our job page at http://sociable.jobscore.com. Please include a URL to your Facebook, Twitter, or MySpace profile in cover letter field and link to online portfolio.
Job keywords: product design, product manager, user experience design (UED, UX), interaction design (ID), information architect (IA), human computer interaction (HCI), social media, word of mouth marketing, viral marketing, game mechanics, product roadmap, user research, usability testing, Facebook Connect, Twitter, e-commerce, social commerce, social advertising, affiliate marketing, agile development, minimum viable product, lean start-up, AB testing