Senior Frontend Engineer
Technology | Culver City, CA | Full Time
Senior Frontend Engineer
At SnackNation, we take snacking seriously. We’ve partnered with many of the most innovative brands in snacking, inspired by their drive to create healthier options for everyone. We also take technology seriously, and we’re looking for experienced individuals to help our growing, talented team of technologists build the future of SnackNation and bring that same level of innovation to help us deliver these snacks across the country. As a subscription company shipping snacks to thousands of companies throughout the US (from startups to Fortune 100 and everywhere in between), we have many moving parts that all work together so each office receives the best snacks at the best time. The Technology team at SnackNation is the glue that brings everything together. We’re a service oriented team aimed at driving the success of our members and our employees with thoughtful, robust, reliable solutions that save them time and simplify their workday.
As a frontend engineer, you’ll be instrumental in providing engaging applications, tools, and experiences to our members, brands, and employees. With your deep understanding of frontend technologies, you’ll provide thought leadership around frameworks, tools, automated testing, multivariate testing, metrics, and more. Working closing with the rest of our engineering team, your input will help establish the foundation for how we build software.
What You’ll Do
- Build exciting new features for our members allowing us to hone in on getting them the snacks they love at exactly the right time.
- Create simple, efficient user interfaces for our internal tools allowing our employees to easily perform complex tasks and putting the information they need to succeed at their fingertips.
- Redefine how we gather feedback from both B2B and B2C snack and beverage consumers with a focus on speed, simplicity, and a user experience that delights.
- Build libraries that allow the team to successively build higher quality software faster.
Who You Are
- You enjoy designing smart, long lasting solutions intended to play nicely with others, be a joy to maintain, and be flexible to grow and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- You want to be responsible for your solutions. You’ll have access to our production systems and you’ll be trusted to keep them up and running. If we hire you, it’s because we trust you to do the right thing.
- You actively seek candid input from your peers to improve the quality of your work. This is a team environment, we’re looking for collaborators rather than lone rockstars.
- You care about the details
- Every day you strive to do better
- You never stop learning
- You loathe reinventing the wheel
***Note to bootcamp grads: we love coding bootcamps and have worked with recent grads in the past. However, this time we’re looking for someone who’s had time to apply their experience in a professional setting, seeing as we're a lean & growing engineering team.
Who We Are
SnackNation is a one-of-a-kind healthy snack membership service for offices (B2B) across America, and is smack dab in the middle of the FoodTech boom. We call it B2B SaaS - that is, business-to-business snacking as a service ;) Think B2B foodservice built on a SaaS framework. Beyond changing the way companies eat and snack, SnackNation is democratizing access to today's most innovative, better-for-you and emerging brands.
We serve thousands of offices and hundreds of thousands of employees across America, and we’re just getting started. SnackNation donates 10 meals to families in need for every box shipped. We donated over one million meals in 2016, and are on pace to donate another two million meals in 2017.
Engineering at SnackNation
You’ll join SnackNation as a member of the Engineering discipline of the Technology team. Technology is a multi-discipline team with diverse goals. We work together to share knowledge and provide inter-discipline support to ensure the team collectively crushes their goals. We recognize individual achievement and we celebrate as a team.
As a member of Engineering, you’ll work closely with your Product Manager and fellow engineers to understand requirements and design well thought-out solutions. You’ll also foster relationships throughout the company to have direct contact with your internal users and those closest to our external users. We primarily work in Ruby, Python, and Node and host our systems in Heroku and AWS. Engineering operates on nine day sprints, with the expectation that all commitments are consistently completed during those nine days. On the tenth day, we demo our work and then you’re left to fill the rest of the day with whatever you feel is most important. Code is managed and reviewed in GitHub, work is managed in JIRA, documentation is in Confluence, communication is through Slack, and we’re big fans of JetBrains tools. TeamCity is the best continuous integration software, so we lovingly use that to keep us honest. We also love open source and encourage contributing back.
We believe in the right tool for the job, so we have closed source systems that keep our business running smoothly such as Salesforce, Zuora, NetSuite, and ZenDesk. You’ll work alongside the administrators of these systems and integrate with them via the SnackNation API.
This is an opportunity to get in at the ground level of technology at an established company. The work you do will have a direct and lasting impact on the company and help define the direction of technology at SnackNation. Interested? We look forward to hearing from you! Let us know who you are, what you’re looking for, and what motivates you along with a link to your LinkedIn profile and online profiles such as GitHub and Twitter.