Technology | Culver City, CA | Full Time
SnackNation is creating “Awesome Offices” all over the US through its healthy snack delivery service. But our most important Awesome Office is right here with our own team in Culver City. We've experienced phenomenal growth and we’re seeking the best talent to help us transition from startup to household name. Our people are the most important pillar of our company and we’re seeking a motivated individual who embraces and extends our culture and can directly contribute to our next level of success.
The core mission of our Salesforce Architect is to drive the vision and implementation of Salesforce and related systems to aid the continued growth and success of the business. This means making the systems work for our employees - removing mundane tasks, increasing efficiency, and transforming them from ho-hum to a joy to use. This isn’t “move fast and break things” - this is building a solid foundation upon which to scale the business. You’ll be a key member of our growing Technology team which handles the company’s software development, IT, systems administration, data analysis, and project management.
The Salesforce Architect will work closely with our software engineers to support integration with SnackNation’s internal and member-facing software as well as with tools used by our Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance, and Operations teams.
Who would thrive as our Salesforce Architect?
To be successful on the Technology team not only requires a passion for what you do and proven expertise, it requires curiosity. The curiosity that drives you to always learn more, to always be improving, to wonder why things are the way they are, to jump at the chance to work with every department to explore how to improve processes and provide non-obvious solutions that help your extended team to succeed every day. Most importantly, you must seek continual growth and strive to be the best version of yourself, professionally and beyond.
A day in the life of a Salesforce Architect
- Develop a long-term vision for our overall Salesforce strategy and a plan for executing against that vision
- Work closely with each department to understand their requirements for our systems
- Implement holistic solutions that consider the needs of the entire company
- Partner with subject matter experts to refine and measurably improve processes
- Monitor, update, and maintain integrations between systems under your purview to ensure stability
- Work closely with application development teams and vendors to tune and troubleshoot integrations
- Plan, coordinate, and test changes, upgrades, and new services ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Develop a Salesforce reporting and dashboard strategy for the organization
- Provide support to your fellow employees as problems arise, helping to diagnose, debug, and implement an appropriate solution that ensures we won’t run into the same issue again
- Plan, organize, and lead Salesforce development projects
- Provide mentorship to your fellow admins
- Lead training sessions for employees throughout the company
The recipe for success - qualified candidates posses the following:
- The ability to take a project from concept to completion on-time and on-budget with little oversight while working with teammates and vendors
- A dazzling breadth and depth of demonstrated Salesforce expertise
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly when translating between technical and non-technical requirements
- A desire to help others - as you’ll be creating solutions for your co-workers, a drive to identify and measurably deliver the best results is essential
- You think five steps ahead - your solutions don’t only satisfy our immediate needs, but also account for and easily adapt to future changes
- Excellent at creating documentation that is easy to understand and enjoyable to read
- You don’t only follow best practices, you wax philosophically about them with your co-workers and evolve them to fit our evolving landscape
- Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Excel at learning new skills and technologies
- Incredible pride in your work and you welcome the feedback of others
- Strong mentoring abilities
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator and/or one or more Salesforce Architect certifications required
- Deep knowledge of Zuora and/or Salesforce CPQ specialist certifications highly preferred
- Experience with Apex is a plus!
- Deep understanding of object relationship