Sales | Culver City, CA | Full Time
Company: SnackNation (Awesome Office)
Position: Sales Trainer (this is a new role)
Location: Los Angeles, CA (neighborhood: Culver City creative corridor)
Reports to: VP of Sales
Direct Reports: None
Salary: Commensurate with Experience (Base + Commission + Equity)
SnackNation is looking for a highly motivated and forward thinking Sales Trainer to mentor and train new and current sales employees in our amazing office in Culver City, CA. The Sales Trainer will partner with the VP of Sales to ensure execution of sales training programs. They will create, maintain and deliver employee on-boarding training programs as well as on-going training for our rapidly growing sales team.
The Sales Trainer will be fully responsible for all new hires from the moment the offer letter is signed to the moment the rep makes their first sale. In partnership with the VP of Sales the Sales Trainer will develop a standardized training and development curriculum for each type of sales person.
The Sales Trainer will conduct monthly new hire classes with programs for all sales people and specific tracks for each sales team.
This role is critical to our organization as it promotes the development of our sales team!
- Develop deep understanding of sales organization’s procedures, practices, processes, products, systems, technology, and culture to incorporate into training initiatives.
- Training: Build out a calendar of formal and informal sessions covering new hire sales training, product launches, demo skills training, ongoing skill development, sales boot-camps, internal process updates, etc.
- Sales Methodology Training: After learning their sales methodology yourself, build an effective on-boarding and ongoing training program to ensure initial and continuous development of the sales team.
- Responsible for leading effective onboarding initiatives of sales organization’s employees.
- Responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs (classroom, online, or informal) for sales department.
- Assess sales organization-wide developmental needs to drive & support proactive training initiatives.
- Identify and arrange suitable training solutions for sales teams.
- Actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- Research, create, track, and deliver training materials
- Prioritizes coaching and performance management efforts to have the greatest overall impact on the business
- Proactively manages sales activity and effort among sales associates managed, ensuring that the quality and quantity of sales effort meets company expectations
- Gather metrics and analyze data
- Identifies deficiencies in skills among sales associates managed, and works to improve individual's capabilities through coaching, development, and training
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, and developing associates, utilizing company human resources guidelines and support resources
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel
- Experience building sales training programs
- Strong presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Minimum 3+ years of sales training experience, preferably in a SaaS business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to perform at a high level, in a fast pace, start up work environment
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, organization, prioritization and multitasking skills
- You have a record of personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Business, Communications, or Marketing
- Improve the most important KPI’s for each sales rep (conversion rate, pipeline value, avg sale, and sales cycle)
- Owning the Onboarding Process
SnackNation is a one-of-a-kind healthy snack membership service for offices (B2B) across America, and is smack dab in the middle of the FoodTech boom. We call it B2B SaaS - that is, business-to-business snacking as a service ;) Think B2B foodservice built on a SaaS framework. And beyond changing the way companies eat and snack, SnackNation is democratizing access to today's most innovative, better-for-you and emerging brands.
We serve thousands of offices and hundreds of thousands of employees across America, and we’re just getting started. SnackNation donates 10 meals to families in need for every box shipped. We donated over one million meals in 2016, and are on pace to donate over two million meals in 2017.