Luxury Sales Associate / Key Holder Position
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Smythson is one of Britain's foremost luxury brands with a rich heritage and is renowned for its innovative range of leather fashion, travel and business accessories and bespoke stationery. Established in 1887, and holding 3 Royal Warrants, Smythson has been a purveyor of luxury to the most extraordinary customer base of royalty, intellectuals, glitterati, litterati, explorers and power-brokers.
We are looking for dedicated Smythson Ambassadors to join our dedicated sales team at our second location in Manhattan in the prestigious Westfield World Trade Center located inside Santiago Calatrava’s Oculus. We want you to have something of the passionate (yet stylish) Product Nerd about you. Because we can, we only work with people we like, characters we want to spend time with, talents we admire, and a work ethic we respect.
Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Play three key roles:
Personal Shopper, to help each and every customer make the perfect choice Connoisseur’s Consultant, to celebrate the joy of ownership (with interesting facts of how the product came about, other owners, tips or anecdotes) direct access to the craft skills
- Achieve individual sales goals and help your team achieve theirs by promoting a culture of browsing and encouraging cross-selling
- Develop a personal clientele through the effective use of selling techniques and proactive client outreach with exclusive invitations and product ideas, as well as follow up on purchases to be sure we exceeded customer expectations.
- Channel our Distinctive Smythson Charm (Impeccably British - Polite, self-defined, cultured, part of a long rich heritage, globally fascinated)
- Adhere to and apply visual directives daily
- Must be a leader and positive role model on the sales floor, sharing extensive knowledge of product and expertise, maintain employee attitude and morale, be respectful of company strategies, address concerns with employees as needed and follow-up with managers, update store management team about the progress of the store and staff on a regular basis.
- Able to efficiently run the store in management's absence, responsible for possessing the keys, performing opening and closing procedures, returns and exchanges, and ensuring that all sales related policies and procedures are maintained, cash handling, nightly deposit, able to assist in all areas of stock.
- Responsible for security of the store and to protect company assets by following all loss prevention initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- the experience of one-on-one customer service and/or sales environments; luxury goods preferred
- appreciation of bespoke, artisan products and high-priced sales transactions
- willing and pro-active, with a ‘can-do’ approach; We encourage you to use your skills expertise to bring our team to new heights.
- excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with attention to detail
- impeccable personal presentation, good manners, and diplomacy, even when under stress
- dependable, punctual, flexible. Ability to work store schedule, as need, including evenings and weekends
- proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- maintain the enthusiasm and knowledge of an art curator
- computer literacy is a must including Microsoft Office Suite
- ability to adapt to changing needs of the Company as necessary
- Second languages are a distinct advantage, especially Japanese and Chinese
In return, we offer a highly competitive base salary plus sales commission and extensive benefits package.
Come celebrate the extraordinary with Smythson of Bond Street.