Plant Machine Operator/Pasteurizer (Night Shift)
Plant | Kent, WA | Full Time | From $24.00 to $34.00 per hour
Come to work for a locally owned and well respected, 100 year old Dairy Farm Processing Plant. At Smith Brothers Farms, we are excited to be a family business that strives to deliver quality products to customers while providing a caring environment for its dedicated employees!
Job Title: Plant Machine Operator/ Back-up Pasteurizer
Work Schedule: 10pm-6:30am Sunday-Thursday night. Subject to Change if Volumes Increase or Decrease.
This role pays:
- $24.00 - $34.00 /hour (depending upon related experience)
- Additional .55 /hr. for all hours worked between 6pm and 6am.
- Great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning how to pasteurize! Hourly rate goes up $2.00/hour when assuming pasteurizing duties.
This employee is responsible for running a filler machine as well as assuming pasteurizing duties. This position will require the employee to swab all fillers prior to start up and once passed begin running the fillers. As such, a machine operator is expected to adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as follow all instructions as given by the manager/foreman.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Learn and operate all fillers and raw/pasteurized systems.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, and business ethics.
- Work cooperatively with management & colleagues.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
- Secure all equipment when not in use.
- Duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management & colleagues.
- Must have be able to multitask.
- Frequently lift to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities in plant conditions.
Maintains current Good Manufacturing Practices
Notifies supervisor of potential food safety issues