Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Responsible for all aspects of the company’s engineering product development activities. The Vice President of Engineering is a hands-on development role and leadership function focused on the structuring and operation of the product development engineering team. This person is responsible for managing a cohesive unit of developers, QA and dba resources; conceptualizing and day-to-day management of simultaneous projects; delivering business driven enhancements to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints, and the fostering of innovative solutions to customer needs.
Deliver technologies necessary to support SmartPay’s application, supporting all business departments and external customer. Ensure project management to implement new systems Supports operations for system performance and reliability Partner with IT Business Integration function to successfully support the business Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities. Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department. Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position. Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on experience, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor. Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process. Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
Titles Supervised: DBA Manager, QA Manager, Senior Manager Engineering
Total Number of FTE’s Directly or Indirectly Supervised: 25
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- MS Engineering, Comp. Science or Math, MBA or equivalent.
- 10+ years of professional experience developing software, applications and solutions that address the business/customer strategy producing measurable results and 7+ years of experience in managing distributed development teams.
- 3+ years of experience in the retail and credit card space and an understanding of current technology trends in those verticals.
- Expert knowledge of SaaS, ecommerce, mobile solutions, C#, IIS, SoapUI, SQL and other key technologies required for this role
- Experience with API design, creation and integration
- Experience in using third party development tools for source code management, code refactoring, unit testing and standards validation
- Familiar with interactive design, system and information architecture methods and principles
- Strong understanding and experience in application development best practices
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Collaborative skills to work with appropriate resources to resolve issues
- Experience working in an environment using Agile Methodology
- Experience supporting eCommerce applications
- Adaptability to changing needs of a growth company
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to independently interact with all levels of management