Unix Systems Administrator
Technical Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
BillFloat / MoreTimeToPay (MTP) Inc. is a web and mobile technology company that provides a secure platform for delivering real-time purchase and payment flexibility to consumers in-store, online or via mobile. Backed by leading venture investors and PayPal, the MTP platform connects lenders with service providers and retailers whose customers need or want more time to pay.
MTP’s first implementation is the consumer branded BillFloat payment option, which gives service providers’ customers more time to pay recurring bills and avoid late fees and service disruptions. BillFloat.com reaches 100 million consumers through partnerships with more than 2500 leading providers of car financing, cable, insurance, telephone, utility, sanitation, satellite TV, self-storage, and retail services. The BillFloat payment option is available on billers’ websites and through financial services partners, including prepaid and debit card issuers, payroll services, walk-in payment centers, and the billfloat.com website.
Two additional products, PayLater and Pay&Lease give consumers more time to pay for high-value items, such as smartphones. Online and other retailers can offer simple installment plans or lease-purchase options to expand their customer base, build revenue, and increase customer loyalty.
BillFloat / MTP, Inc. was launched in 2009 by a team of experienced financial services professionals. The company is backed by PayPal, the global leader in online payments, as well as leading venture firms including First Round Capital, Venrock, PayPal, SoftTech VC, Baseline Ventures and SV Angel. MTP, Inc. is privately held and based in San Francisco, California.
What You’ll Do
- Architect and implement highly reliable and scalable infrastructure (on-premise and cloud)
- Work closely with developers to solve reliability and scalability problems in software and hardware
- Own infrastructure maintenance schedules
- Own security auditing and reporting
- 5+ years supporting large-scale web applications on modern platforms (Nginx, Apache, Ruby, Passenger, Tomcat, etc)
- Experience running mission-critical Linux production servers
- Experience developing and deploying fully automated environments with Chef
- Proficiency in Python and/or Ruby
- Experience managing SQL and NoSql servers (primarily MySql and MongoDB)
- Experience with systems and network monitoring and performance analysis using Nagios, Cacti, Munin, Graphite or others
- Experience with security related tools and intrusion detection systems
- Experience with AWS tools and environments
- Extremely good written and verbal communication skills