Software Engineer Lead
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Do you want to join a growing company and help build its success? Then check out SmartPay Leasing!
We are building a platform that provides a financial alternative to consumers who either do not qualify for, or who prefer not to use traditional financing. We are looking for a Software Engineer Lead to join our amazing engineering team. Our platform is used by national mobile phone retailers through direct integrations at retail stores and online through consumer-facing sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Engineer Lead will report directly to the Head of Engineering. This person will be responsible for the development process in San Francisco and for the quality of software produced by the SF team. In addition, the lead will work closely with the Head of Engineering to create a technical vision for the Smart Pay platform.
We are a small team so you will work directly with product managers, designers, and QA.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Required, extensive experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Required, at least three years professional software development experience in a team setting
- Required, experience building applications using MySQL or PostgresSQL
- Required, 1-2 years leading a small development team
- Strongly preferred, experience building infrastructure (cloud or self-hosted)
- Strongly preferred, experience in a distributed team environment
- Strongly preferred, work experience with multiple languages.
- Mongo DB
- Ruby on Rails
- Java - Used for risk analytics/decisioning