Product Support Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Do you want to join a growing company and help build its success? Then check out SmartPay Leasing! SmartPay is looking for a Production Support Engineer based in San Francisco, CA.
SmartPay Leasing provides a financial alternative to consumers who either do not qualify for, or who prefer not to use traditional financing. We are looking for a Product Support Engineer to join our amazing engineering team. We have web applications used by national mobile phone retailers, direct integrations with large national retail chains, and direct to consumer web applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are a small team so you will work directly with product managers, developers, and operations. As the business grows and the platform continues to change (i.e. features, upgrades, etc), you will be responsible for ensuring the platform continues to perform as expected. You are the first responder.
- Coordinate production incident resolution between operations, development, and business teams.
- Engage in proactive activities to avoid business impacting issues by using and improving monitoring, working closely with development, and building tools.
- Design and develop solutions to fix identified problems
- Develop and advise on code changes to fix reported software defects
- Assist in support hours of operation and off hour production emergencies
- Help stabilize new products from Pilot/Beta into full Production
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production for systemic or individual failures
We are looking for someone with strong analytical skills, a willingness to learn and grow their skill set, and be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment. We are looking for a team player with good interpersonal skills, preferably with prior startup experience.
- Required, 6-12 months of scripting experience in Ruby, Python, or Perl
- Required, at least one year of professional experience in IT on product/customer support
- Required, foundational Linux shell knowledge and skills to navigate and work effectively within a shell environment
- Strongly Preferred, professional experience supporting production software systems
- Strongly Preferred, familiarity with SQL
- Strongly Preferred, experience building with an web-based MVC frameworks
- Mongo DB
- Ruby on Rails
- Java - Used for risk analytics/decisioning