Before and After School | Severna Park, MD | Part Time
Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Supervisor: Program Director
Classification: Part-time; Non-exempt
Work Hours: Monday- Friday: 6:30am-9:30am and/or 2:30pm-6:30pm
We are looking for an passionate, energetic, friendly, and knowledgeable Teaching Assistant for our before and after school program. This position requires drop off and pick up students from/to schools. The candidate must have flexibility to work in classrooms with various age ranges (K-8th grade), able to manage a group of students and engage them in learning.
•Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drop off/ pick up students from area schools and bring them to the after-school facility.
- Take daily attendance
- Assist students in homework completion and track their progress
- Student/Classroom Management:
-Address discipline problems in a respectful and consistent manner
-Notify Program Director of major and/or on-going discipline infractions immediately
-Submit incident reports immediately or before the end of the program day and inform the program director immediately.
- Help with cleaning, setting up, and breaking down classrooms
- Assist Program Director with data entry, record keeping, lesson plans and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Help prepare educational materials
- Attend trainings and professional development as designated by the Program Director
- Attend site cleaning days as designated by Program Director
- Participate in promotional events
- Must be enrolled in an accredited two-year community college or four-year university, completing at least one year of college coursework (college graduate preferred).
- Must be creative, inspiring, energetic, mature and able to generate enthusiasm in others
- Must be proficient in both Language Arts and Mathematics on a 12th-grade level.
- Must have passion and enjoy working with kids
- Must have a minimum of two years experience working with children
- Must be able to show initiative, work within a team or independently, work patiently, and maturely
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must possess a clean driving record
- Must hold a full driver's license for a minimum of five years
- Must be able to pass National and Maryland State Child Protective Services screening and background check