Taekwon Do Instructors
Martial Arts | Severna Park, MD | Part Time
Severna Park MD
We are looking for instructors who are extremely patient and have experience working with children, fun and energetic, responsible and motivated to teach kids and adults Taekwondo. This is an part-time position for 5-6 days a week, hours are between 4:00-8:00pm Taekwondo instructors must plan classes and tailor them to the skill level of the students. Classes include teaching new techniques, practicing strikes on pads or heavy bags, sparring, stretching, conditioning and discussing the history or philosophy of the art. Instructors should be available before and after class to speak with students, answer questions and make sure students are on track to reach their goals. Instructors must administer exams for students to advance to the next belt level.
Qualifications and Skills
• Applicants must have experience in and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do or another form of Martial Arts as an instructor, assistant instructor can be brown or red belt.
• Able to teach all levels and conduct belt advancement test
• Sales/customer service experience including prospecting, promoting and referrals.
• Experience in working with kids / students is required
• You need to have a positive attitude, enjoy being a team player, and have a outgoing and energetic personality
• Willing and able to pass a background check
• Love for children and eagerness to teach martial arts!
• You need to have reliable transportation to get to work
• Must live in Severna Park area or live within 30 minutes from Severna Park
• US citizen or permanent residents only
• Teaching Martial Arts to all ranks and ages and administer belt test.
• Promote the school. Helping with planning special events, community events, etc.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Clean up after Taekwondo Sessions
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $50.00 /hour depends on experience.
• teaching/instruction: 3 years
• High school or equivalent, college preferred.
If you meet the above qualification, please send us a cover letter explain why we should hire you and send us your resume including rank, style, teaching experience, and availability.