School Age Teacher
Before/After School & Summer Camp | Severna Park, MD | Part Time
Job Title: School Age Teacher
Supervisor: Program Director
Classification: Part-time; Non-exempt
Work Hours: Monday- Friday: 6:30am-9:30am and/or 2:30pm-6:30pm( 25-40 hours a week)
We are looking for an passionate, energetic, friendly, and knowledgeable School Age Teacher for our before and after school program in Severna Park. This position requires drop off and pick up students from/to schools. The candidate must have flexibility to work in classrooms with various age ranges (K-8th grade), able to manage a group of students and engage them in learning.
•Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drop off/ pick up students from area schools and bring them to the after-school facility.
- Take daily attendance
- Assist students in homework completion and track their progress
- Student/Classroom Management:
-Address discipline problems in a respectful and consistent manner
-Notify Program Director of major and/or on-going discipline infractions immediately
-Submit incident reports immediately or before the end of the program day and inform the program director immediately.
- Help with cleaning, setting up, and breaking down classrooms
- Assist Program Director with data entry, record keeping, lesson plans and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Help prepare educational materials
- Attend trainings and professional development as designated by the Program Director
- Attend site cleaning days as designated by Program Director
- Participate in promotional events
- At least 21 years of age with high school diploma/certificate of high school equivalence or two completed courses for credit from a college or university.
- 90 hour certificate with School Age Curriculum or Preschool
- 1 year of experience working under supervision in a school age environment or 800 hours of experience working in a licensed childcare center primarily with school age children.
- Must complete continuing education units as specified by the OCC on an annual basis
- Has been approved as a teacher by the State Department of Education for Kindergarten or grades 1-8.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Education is preferred.
- Must be creative, inspiring, energetic, mature and able to generate enthusiasm in others
- Must be proficient in both Language Arts and Mathematics on a 12th-grade level.
- Must have passion and enjoy working with kids
- Must have a minimum of two years experience working with children
- Must be able to show initiative, work within a team or independently, work patiently, and maturely
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and Social Media
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must possess a clean driving record
- Must hold a full driver's license for a minimum of five years
- Must be able to pass National and Maryland State Child Protective Services screening and background check