School Age Center Director and Assistant Director
Before and After School | Severna Park, MD | Full Time and Part Time
Center Director and Assistant Director
Severna Park MD
We are seeking proactive, solution-oriented leaders with excellent organizational and communication skills and a proven record of maintaining effective relationships with staff, parents and children
Knowledge of best practices, budget management, and positive team building required, oversight of the day to day operation of a medium-sized center providing quality child-centered educational services for children age 5-14 years old
Ideal candidate is a You MUST meet the State of MD center director qualifications for this position
- Must hold a Child Development Supervisor certificate or degree in early childhood education and teaching or 90 clock hours school age curriculum and Growth and development training
- Minimum of 2 years direct child care center or schools experience
- Basic Health and Safety Training
- ADA Training
- Knowledge of Maryland State compliance standards and regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication and administrative skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Manage day-to-day activities at a before and after school facility for school age students.
- Create/update operation processes, procedures and policies and implement these through out the program.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Develop academic programs. Become familiar with and ensure compliance of all policies throughout the center.
- Obtain accreditation status for the center, make sure center is in good standing and in compliant with state rules and regulations.
- Accurately maintain the records of children and staff.
- Train and orient new staff members following hiring and training policies. and make sure staff attend continue education to meet state requirement
- Child care coverage whenever it is needed in order to maintain ratios in all rooms in the center.
- Supervise teachers and other support staff.
- Maintain rapport with parents. Handle tours and marketing.
- Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Hire, train, and evaluate teachers.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Maintain the facility in a clean, safe and healthy manner
- Provide parent participation/community relations opportunities
- Maintain the human resource needs of the School including scheduling and running efficient payroll
- Ensure all paperwork and evidence is being collected and completed for the accreditation process, a background with this process is essential.
- Ensure compliance of all policies throughout the center.
- Fill in Teacher's role and help transport children if necessary.
- Conduct tours and open house
- Make sure all operation meet state regulation
- Meet with Child Care Inspector and implement anything that need improving
- Communicate with Office of Child Care where necessary.
- Daycare Director or Child Development Supervisor or School Teachers : 2 years