Child Care Center | Severna Park, MD | Part Time
Center Director - School Age
Part Time: 20-30 hours per week ( Flexible Hours)
One week paid time off
Pay: $18-$20 per hour.
Location: Severna Park MD
Smart Fit Kids is looking for a hand on Center Director that loves children and a great leader for the staff for our school age facility.
This position assumes the responsibility and oversees all operations of a child care facility for school-age children, include ensuring all operations are in compliant with State licensing and regulations, human resources, customer relations, scheduling, programs and activities planning, payroll, quality control, and facility management. Maintains high capacity utilization and manages all resources effectively and within budget. Develop and build great working relationships with state licensing authorities and communities. The role requires direct working with children where necessary.
You MUST meet the State of MD center director qualifications for this position
· Must hold a Child Development Supervisor certificate or degree in early childhood education
- Minimum of 2 years direct child care center experience
- Knowledge of Maryland State compliance standards and regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication and administrative skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- 90-hour certificate: 45 hours School Age Curriculum and 45 Growth and Development or teaching certification, equivalent class credit.
- Worked in a child care facility or school more than 800 hours
- ADA certification
- Basic Health and Safety Training
- First Aid and CPR
- Able to drive
- Strong classroom management
- Manage day-to-day operations for school-age students
- Supervise e-learning, classwork and homework
- Plan and execute age appropriate lessons plan for elementary school and some middle schoolers
- Create daily schedules
- Prepare materials for the lessons.
- Make sure all operation meet state licensing and regulations
- Work with students directly
- Create/update operation processes, procedures, and policies and implement these throughout the program
- Maintain good relationships with enrolled families through verbal and written communication and family events
- Oversee all aspects of daily operations including student recruitment, curriculum and scheduling, staffing, sales and marketing, finance and facility maintenance
- Help recruit and train new staff while ensuring staff complies with Maryland State licensing regulations
- Organize community outreach and marketing activities
- Develop academic programs. Become familiar with and ensure compliance of all policies throughout the center.
- Obtain accreditation status for the center, make sure center is in good standing and is compliant with state rules and regulations.
- Accurately maintain the records of children and staff.
- Train, orient and evaluate new staff members following hiring and training policies. and make sure staff attend continuing education to meet the state requirement
- Childcare coverage whenever it is needed in order to maintain ratios in all rooms in the center.
- Work with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Maintain the facility in a clean, safe and healthy manner
- Provide parent participation/community relations opportunities
- Maintain the human resource needs of the School including scheduling and running efficient payroll
- Ensure all paperwork and documentation are being collected and completed for inspection and for the accreditation process
- Ensure compliance of all policies throughout the center.
- Fill in Teacher's role and help transport children if necessary.
- Conduct tours and open house
- Meet with Child Care Inspector and implement anything that needs improving
- Communicate with the Office of Child Care where necessary.
Daycare Director or Child Development Supervisor: 2 years
For serious applicant who meet the above criteria only.