Before and After School | Severna Park, MD | Part Time
Job Title: Administrative Marketing Assistant
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Severna Park - MD
About Smart Fit Kids
Smart Fit Kids offers academic, recreational, and fitness programs for children at our before and after school and summer camp
Our priority is to provide a safe and engaging environment to help children achieve academic enrichment, fitness, healthy nutrition habits, and life skills. We work in partnership with the community, schools, and families to meet their specific needs.
The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 2:30 pm–6:30 p.m. Morning hours optional.
The position performs general administrative, technical, and secretarial support relating to the programs and services offered by the organization. Other duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative support for Directors and Staff.
• Provide exceptional customer service and provide assistance and accurate information for anyone making program inquiries
• Act as the initial point of contact for organization and walk-ins
• Produce a variety of word-processed documents such as Newsletters, reports, flyers, lesson plans, and Social Medial post.
• Update website contents, social media groups and events online
• Create content for ads and newsletters, brochures, email campaigns, summer camp fairs, web site, and any type of advertising materials needed for marketing upcoming events/promotions.
• Review and verifies information on forms and documents
• Manages and maintains supervisor’s and program schedule and calendar
• Order supplies and materials
• Maintain financial, accounting, personnel, and other administrative and managing files and records, ensuring confidentiality.
• Maintain accurate files, records, and forms, electronic and paper.
• Perform basic mathematical calculations or coding and enters data into appropriate systems.
• Manage one or more web pages for the organization which may include adding, modifying, or removing content to reflect the organization’s programs and operations.
• Assist with planning and implementing events, meetings
• Provides technical support relating to the budget, personnel, or purchasing.
• Position requires a High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience performing general office and secretarial duties involving customer service.
• Able to perform administrative, technical, and secretarial work independently
• Knowledge of English usage to include spelling, grammar, writing styles, and formats.
• Experience with record keeping principles and procedures.
• Experience and skill with Microsoft Office Suite, and office applications.
• Excellent communications skills, including oral and effective business writing
• Experience drafting written correspondence.
• Experience and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage multiple projects while maintaining accuracy.
• Ability to or acquire the technological skills for use in updating and posting.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
• Associate’s degree or a higher degree
• Five years or more of progressively responsible experience in an administrative office support position
• Experience proofreading and editing documents
• Experience coordinating organization events
• Experience managing and maintaining a supervisor’s calendar
• Experience managing one or more web pages
• Experience working in social media (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience working in a diverse, multicultural setting
Rate: $12-$14 Per Hour
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree; high school diploma or G.E.D.