VP of Product
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
Job Description: VP of Product
SmartAsset is the web's premier destination for financial advice. Reaching more than 35 million people per month and growing quickly, we are looking for a VP of Product to drive forward our vision for dramatically better financial advice. You will be an integral member of the Executive Team and a leader in the company, where you will be responsible for major efforts that impact millions of users.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP of Product will be responsible for building and executing our Product strategy.
- Work in partnership with the executive team to build and execute a Product Strategy that pursues our mission of becoming the web’s go-to resource for financial advice
- Identify KPI’s and goal set for the team and individuals
- Recruit team members to grow our world class Product team
- Coach, mentor and supervise the Product Team
- Build industry expertise and a deep understanding of the market forces that will shape our business today and in the future
- Ensure the Product Team is working closely and productively with all of our teams: in particular Sales, Business Development and Content
- Work closely with our outstanding Tech & QA teams to ensure an efficient Product development process
- Most importantly: help our users make better financial decisions
- 7 or more years’ experience in consumer-facing Product Management
- 2 or more years with direct-line management over 4+ product managers and related roles
- 2 or more years’ experience being responsible for a business line, P&L or otherwise managing a team with revenue goals
- Data driven: extremely comfortable in the language of data and statistical analysis, you understand the value of a metrics focused strategy
- User focused: track record of developing feedback loops between users and Product Managers, looking at Net Promoter Scores and utilizing consumer and industry research to improve user experience and business metrics
- Experience with best practice in general management functions (hiring, performance reviews, one-on-one’s etc.)
- Well-versed in core concepts related to UI / UX, including direct experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wire framing, prototyping, developing user feedback loops etc.
- Keen attention to detail, strong communication skills, ability to be self-sufficient and find creative solutions
- Strong understanding of the financial principles of running a web business, including CAC, NPS, LTV etc.
- SEO experience a plus
- Experience with web-based analytic products experience a plus (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Investment Banking, Consulting (PE due diligence), or other Finance background a plus
- Experience building financial models a plus
- Technical experience with software development / writing code a plus
- Solve problems that bring real, positive impact to people's lives
- Shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about what we do
- Medical, Dental, 401K, Free lunches, Company events
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City
- Compensation: competitive salary and equity with full medical and dental coverage
About SmartAsset (we're kind of a big deal):
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company. We use proprietary technology and our award winning content to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been covered in hundreds of publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.