Public Relations Intern
Public Relations | New York, NY | Internship
SmartAsset is the web's premier destination for financial advice. Reaching more than 35 million people per month and growing quickly, we are looking for a PR intern to join us for the summer of 2018.
Are you a hard worker with strong attention to detail? Is multi-tasking second nature? Do you have a natural sense of prioritization? Are you a mastermind researcher who can uncover any details necessary to get the job done? If all of these describe you, we want to hear from you! As a PR intern at SmartAsset, you'll have a front row seat to writing pitches, strategizing media outreach, and managing projects. This is a great opportunity for someone who is curious, looking for a challenge, and driven by experimenting and testing new things.
- Build and maintain a database of media contacts (including journalists, bloggers, government contacts, and others) using Cision software and manual online searches
- Monitor and report industry trends daily
- Contribute to email outreach efforts
- Research key data points from a variety of sources
- Write copy and emails that clearly and concisely convey why a journalist or blogger should cover a story
- Most importantly: help our users make better financial decisions
The ideal candidate has:
- Relevant class work, internship experience or work experience
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Powerful, concise writing
- Experience managing spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets)
- Experience with PR software like Cision is a plus
- The ability to work full-time from SmartAsset's NYC office
Some nice perks of the job:
- Work to solve problems that bring real positive impact to people's lives
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate and supportive colleagues
- Catered lunch three days a week
- This is a full-time paid internship, based in our New York City office.
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company. We use proprietary technology and our award winning content to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been covered in hundreds of publications, including the New York Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company, CNBC, Forbes, and the US News & World Report.