Product Management Intern - Summer
Product | New York, NY | Internship
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 30 million users and growing fast. We use our patent-pending financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been featured in more than 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.
SmartAsset is quickly becoming the web's premier destination for financial advice. We harness the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We support our financial advice engine with engaging, comprehensive and educational content — and that's where you come in.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Intern to join our team and help build the next generation of financial products. SmartAsset harnesses the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions—and that's where you come in.
A successful Product Intern is a resourceful, a team player and an innovative, data-driven problem solver. You will be an integral member of the Product Team, where you will assist in developing new products and helping us drive our existing products to even higher levels of performance!
You will help people by finding solutions to personal finance challenges in Home Ownership, Investing, Taxes, Financing Student loans and Retirement Planning, among others. We will also invest time in your continued growth.
- Know your customer – Research, analyze data, and talk to your customer. Be the biggest advocate for your User’s needs.
- Manage complexity – Manage requirements documentation and maintain the details of multiple complex projects without losing focus of the big picture.
- Must have strong academic performance (3.5 GPA or higher, or equivalent), and relevant technical coursework (with strong marks) from a reputable undergraduate or graduate program to be considered - transcript required
- Seeking undergraduate seniors and graduate school students
- STEM or business degree (or directly relevant coursework) required
- You are an exceptional communicator. You can explain complex concepts in simple terms and know how to build consensus around ideas.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to dig deep into complex data sets.
- You are a problem solver. You know how to identify the right sources of information, and leverage data to make informed decisions around complex problems.
- Work to solve problems that bring real positive impact to people's lives
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Regular team social activities
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- This is a paid internship, based in our New York City office in Noho