Product | New York, NY | Full Time
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 30 million users and growing fast. We use our patent pending financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been covered by over 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.
SmartAsset is quickly becoming the web's premier destination for financial advice. We are looking for Product Analysts that can lead the development of our next generation online personal finance products.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Analyst to join our team and help build the next generation of financial products. SmartAsset harnesses the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions—and that's where you come in.
An ideal candidate will have a passion for user experience and using data and analytics to make decisions.
A successful Product Analyst is self-sufficient, resourceful, a team player and an innovative, data-driven problem solver. You will be an integral member of the Product Team, where you will be responsible for developing new products and helping us drive our existing products to even higher levels of performance!
You will help people by finding solutions to personal finance challenges in Home Ownership, Investing, Taxes, Financing Student loans and Retirement Planning, among others. We will also invest time in your continued growth and provide ample opportunity for full product ownership.
- Know your customer – Research, analyze data, and talk to your customer. Be the biggest advocate for your User’s needs.
- Drive a strategic vision – Manage multiple projects aimed at developing products that deliver the highest standards in online finance advice to our customers.
- Manage complexity – Manage requirements documentation and maintain the details of multiple complex projects without losing focus of the big picture.
- Lead the charge – Work closely with implementation teams, define scope and prioritize features for product development.
- Own your products - Drive the product development process from start to finish with a focus on building the best possible products through improvement through iteration and optimization.
- *Must have strong academic performance (3.5 GPA or higher, or equivalent), and relevant technical coursework (with strong marks) from a reputable undergraduate or graduate program to be considered - transcript required
- You have a passion for delivering complex (ideally B2C) products.
- You are an exceptional communicator. You can explain complex concepts in simple terms and know how to build consensus around ideas.
- You have a passion for innovative and experience-focused products. You understand the importance of prioritizing for user experience and have a keen sense for intuitive, simple products that make Users happy.
- You have a strong understanding of math and financial services. You have an interest in investing and personal finance.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to dig deep into complex data sets.
- You are a problem solver. You know how to identify the right sources of information, and leverage data to make informed decisions around complex problems.
- Work to solve problems that bring real positive impact to people's lives
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- Medical, Dental, 401K, and take-as-you-need vacation policy
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City office
- Compensation: competitive salary and equity with full medical and dental coverage