Marketing | New York, NY | Internship
SmartAsset is growing into the premier destination for personal finance advice online. To support that growth we are looking for interns to support various digital marketing functions including PR outreach, drafting marketing materials and partner outreach.
You’re a hard worker with strong attention to detail. You're a mastermind researcher and can uncover any details necessary to get a job done. Multi-tasking is second nature, and you have a natural sense of prioritization. You enjoy interacting with potential partners, journalists, bloggers and other stakeholders by email, phone and in person.
- Build and maintain a database of media contacts (incl. journalists, bloggers, government contacts) using Cision and manual online searches
- Contribute to outreach efforts - both through email and phone calls
- Write copy & emails that clearly and concisely convey why a journalist or blogger should cover a story
- Develop relationships with our peers in the Personal Finance space
- Relevant internship / work experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication / power of persuasion skills
- Experience managing spreadsheets (excel or Google spreadsheets)
- Experience in PR or Digital Marketing a plus
- Experience with PR software like Cision a plus
Some nice perks of the job
- Work to solve problems that bring real positive impact to people's lives
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Catered lunch three days a week
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- This is a paid internship, based in our New York City office
About SmartAsset (We're kind of a big deal):
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company. We use our patent pending financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been covered by over 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.