Personal Finance Writer
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 30 million users and growing fast. We use our patent-pending financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been featured in more than 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.
SmartAsset is quickly becoming the web's premier destination for financial advice. We harness the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We support our financial advice engine with engaging, comprehensive and educational content — and that's where you come in.
SmartAsset is looking for a Personal Finance Writer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have writing experience (preferably in personal finance, real estate and/or business), a journalism background and a strong sense of pride in always using the correct version of there/their in all copy(!).
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Detail-oriented with journalism background strongly preferred
- Outstanding editing, grammar and online writing skills
- Experience with data driven and research-heavy articles
- Able to create well written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Can take ownership of an article from start to finish
- Familiar with Content Management Systems like WordPress and SEO best practices
- Past work in personal finance is a major plus, especially in credit cards, mortgage or retirement/taxes
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Publish your work with the potential for syndication on major news outlets
- Provide information that brings real positive impact to people's lives
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Lunch included Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Regular team social activities
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City office
- Compensation: competitive salary with full medical and dental coverage
Does that sound like a good fit for you? Apply now and be sure to include your best writing samples.