Personal Finance Writer
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
SmartAsset is looking for a talented writer to join our Marketing team on a full-time basis. You will be responsible for producing a variety of content related to financial products, including credit cards. Our mission is to help consumers make smarter financial decisions. You’ll contribute to this mission by providing insightful written analysis, commentary, news and marketing copy for publication on smartasset.com.
- Build out SmartAsset content in the credit cards vertical, including card reviews, comparisons and marketing copy.
- Work with Marketing and Product teams to identify high-value areas for content expansion and develop content roadmap.
- Execute an ambitious content creation schedule with high quality, user-focused content.
- Develop significant domain expertise in credit cards space.
- Ensure that all credit card content on smartasset.com is accurate and up-to-date.
- Shape credit cards conversation with SmartAsset users, whether through user comments, social media, etc.
- BA (or equivalent) in marketing, English, journalism or similar field
- 1-3 years' experience writing in a professional capacity
- Outstanding writing skills and compelling authorial voice (writing samples required).
- Ability to complete independent qualitative and quantitative research.
- Ability to master details of a complex subject and turn into helpful, engaging and clear content in a timely and consistent manner.
- Own content from start to finish.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm for personal finance, especially credit card products.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and eagerness to fail, learn, and try again.
- Experience writing about personal finance a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus.
- This is a full-time position based in New York City
- Compensation: competitive salary and equity with full medical and dental coverage
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- Friday happy hours, catered lunches
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 35 million users and growing fast. We use our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been covered by over 50 publications, including the New York Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.