Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
We are looking for a Managing Editor to drive and manage the SmartAsset blog and other content created for the site. The Managing Editor will primarily be responsible for managing the process of blog content creation, from idea generation to posting (with support from an associate editor). The right candidate has experience managing freelancers, writing and editing original content, posting to an email list and is passionate about personal finance.
- Managing day-to-day blogging activities including idea generation, assigning articles to freelancers, editing, social media planning, blog emails and general content strategy
- Short and long term planning for blog content
- Write content around the enormous amount of SmartAsset data
- Coordinate assignments and manage deadlines among in-house writers and freelancers
- Coordinate with product and marketing teams on launches and to ensure blog strategy fits company direction
- 4+ years experience editing and managing content creation and strategies for a blog / website, as well as managing freelance writers
- Experience in wordpress (required)
- Experience in Mailchimp
- Degree in Journalism or English preferred
- Previous experience writing or editing personal finance content strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, team player, self motivated, extremely reliable
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
About SmartAsset (We're kind of a big deal):
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies to help people make smarter decisions with their money. We have been featured in over 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.