Lead Product Designer
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
SmartAsset is quickly becoming the web's premier destination for financial advice. We are looking for critical thinkers with strong "mental horsepower" to drive the development of our next generation of online personal finance products, which are seen and used by millions every day.
We are seeking an exceptional person to join our team as a Lead Product Designer, who will lead design efforts for our premier financial products. SmartAsset harnesses the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions to millions of people daily — and that's where you come in.
A successful Lead Product Designer candidate is self-sufficient, resourceful, a team player and an innovative problem solver. You will be an integral member of the Product Team, where you will be responsible for driving product vision, championing the "brand voice", and ensuring that only the strongest design makes it through our rigorous product development process.
- Passionately drive the product vision as a key stakeholder in development from concept to launch
- Embrace and champion the voice of the brand, driving consistency in our entire user-centered design approach
- Generate comprehensive wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Generate a healthy amount of original thinking for new concepts, as well as critical analysis of "status quo" approaches and best practices
- Collaborate with product managers, UX research, front-end developers and engineers to develop new elegant solutions for complicated concepts
- A leader with 5-8 years of experience in applied UI design
- Comfortable leading design reviews, sharing the design thinking behind designs and funneling to a consensus
- You are experience in building and shipping responsive products
- You have a strong understanding of technical limitations and can effectively communicate and collaborate with developers
- You can lead the rapid prototyping and iteration process and are able to drive from idea to "live" in days (not weeks)
- You are able to dive into unfamiliar, math-driven user experiences and apply strong design principles in context
- Detail-focused and you find creating, managing and evolving a design system rewarding
- Solve problems that bring real, positive impact to millions of peoples' lives each day
- Work with an award-winning Product / Design team (mutiple awards back-to-back for design)
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- Medical, Dental, 401K, and take-as-you-need vacation policy (really)
- Friday happy hours, catered lunches, and a pet-friendly office
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City
- Compensation: competitive salary and equity with full medical and dental coverage
If you’re interested in a job where you’ll push the limits of your design thinking and revolutionize personal finance, we’d like to talk with you!
About SmartAsset (we're kind of a big deal):
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 35 million users and growing fast. We use our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been covered by over 50 publications, including the New York Times, TechCrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.