Editorial | New York, NY | Internship
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 30 million users and growing fast. We use our patent-pending financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies so people can make smarter decisions and save money. We have been featured in more than 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.
SmartAsset is quickly becoming the web's premier destination for financial advice. We harness the power of our financial modeling technology to provide accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We support our financial advice engine with engaging, comprehensive and educational content — and that's where you come in.
SmartAsset is looking for an exceptional Summer Editorial Intern to join our growing team. The intern will assist with editorial, creative and content management tasks, such as research, fact checking, writing, copy editing, social media and partner content. The intern will have an opportunity to pitch bylined articles, work alongside experienced journalists and learn the vital skills for being an online journalist.
The ideal candidate will have writing experience, the desire to research financial topics and a strong sense of pride in always using the correct version of there/their in all copy(!). This is a paid position.
- Detail-oriented and willing to work on a range of editorial tasks
- Strong editing, grammar and online writing skills
- Experience with data driven and research-heavy articles
- Web savvy, efficient, quick learner
- Be able to create well written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Can take ownership of an article from start to finish
- Familiar with Content Management Systems like WordPress
- Past personal finance/business is a major plus but not required
- Journalism students or recent graduates strongly preferred
- Previous blogging experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with SEO, RSS, Twitter, Facebook and other social media
- Publish your work with the potential for syndication on major news outlets
- Provide information that brings real positive impact to people's lives
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Lunch included Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Regular team social activities
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- This is a full-time paid summer internship, based in our New York City office
Does that sound like a good fit for you? Apply and be sure to include your best writing samples.