Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company with over 30 million users and growing fast. We have been featured in more than 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report. Our automated financial modeling (AFM) technology provides accurate, interactive answers to important personal finance questions. We support our financial advice engine with engaging, comprehensive and educational content — and that's where you come in.
SmartAsset is looking for an Editorial Assistant to join our growing team. The EA will assist with editorial, creative and content management tasks, such as research, fact checking, writing, copy editing, social media and maintaining partner relationships. The EA will have an opportunity to pitch bylined articles, work alongside experienced journalists and improve the financial literacy of the country (no exaggeration!).
The ideal candidate will have writing experience, the desire to research financial topics and a strong sense of pride in always using the correct version of there/their in all copy(!).
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Detail-oriented and willing to work on a range of editorial tasks
- Strong editing, grammar and online writing skills
- Experience with data driven and research-heavy articles
- Web savvy, efficient, quick learner
- Be able to create well written content in a timely and consistent manner
- Can take ownership of an article from start to finish
- Familiar with Content Management Systems like WordPress
- Past personal finance/business is a major plus but not required
- Previous blogging experience a plus
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with SEO,Twitter, Facebook and other social media
- Publish your work with the potential for syndication on major news outlets
- Provide information that brings real positive impact to people's lives
- Help shape the future of the consumer finance industry
- Fun work environment with passionate colleagues
- Catered lunch every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Regular team social activities
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome
- This is a full-time position, based in our New York City office
- Compensation: competitive salary with full medical and dental coverage
Does that sound like a good fit for you? Apply and be sure to include your best writing samples.